What is Diolaze XL?
Unlike traditional methods (waxing, shaving, bleaching or using depilatory creams), DiolazeXL laser hair removal impacts the root of the problem, rather than offering a temporary solution. Traditional methods will require treatment forever, while DiolazeXL only requires a few sessions. Most patients immediately notice a significant reduction in hair growth and eventually smooth and hair-free skin.
How Does DiolazeXL Work?
During laser treatment, a diode laser beam passes through the skin towards hair follicles. The penetrating energy then heats up the root of the hair, which in turn prevents future hair growth.
Diolaze XL Pre-Appointment Instructions
To help minimize any side effects:
For optimal results, and to minimize adverse reactions with the laser:
- To keep skin healthy as well as eliminate bacteria, we recommend clean (showered), shaven skin.
- Avoid tanning beds and sunless tanning products to prevent adverse reactions.
- Avoid sun exposure greater than 30 minutes before the appointment, even if wearing sunscreen.
- Treatment area must be clean-shaven 12-24 hours prior to treatment.
- Skin must be clean and free of makeup, lotions, oils, deodorant, sunless tanning products, numbing cream, etc. Products on the skin can increase the likelihood of adverse reactions from the laser.
- Do not use any of the following products on the treated area 3 days before or 3 days after treatment: harsh exfoliating cleansers or scrubs, bleaching creams or retinoids (Retin-A).
- Avoid physical activities that increase body temperature for at least 2 hours before treatments.
- Skin that is sunburned, hot to the touch, peeling or is otherwise damaged cannot be treated.
- Try to limit sun exposure/tanned skin if receiving treatments over Summer months.
Diolaze XL Post-Appointment Instructions
- Mild redness and swelling of the hair follicles may occur. This is normal and should lessen with time. Avoid picking or scratching the skin. Cool cloths may be applied.
- Avoid sun exposure, and other sources of UV light for 7 days post treatment. Careful sun exposure of no more than 30 minutes may be resumed from days 7-14 post treatment with daily use of zinc oxide sunscreen (SPF 30+). Avoid tanning beds for 14 days post treatment.
- Apply a zinc oxide sunscreen (SPF 30+) and use daily throughout treatments.
- To reduce heat retention, avoid tight clothing, boots, heated seats, etc. The body needs time to cool down after treatments to avoid complications.
- Avoid activities that increase body temperature for at least 2 hours after treatment, or longer if redness and bumps persists.
- If redness, swelling or itching continues, an over-the-counter cortisone cream and/or an oral antihismine (Benadryl) may be used in addition to cool cloths. Do not apply ice directly to the treated areas.
- Do not wax, tweeze, color, use depilatory creams or have electrolysis on the treatment area for at least 4 weeks before and throughout the entire course of your treatments. You may resume your normal shaving routine after your treatments.
Diolaze XL Laser Hair Removal Frequently Asked Questions
DiolazeXL has a built-in skin cooling surface which is one of the largest for all hair removal devices. This makes treatment more comfortable than other devices, with most patients noting that DiolazeXL is virtually painless.
As with all laser hair removal methods, DiolazeXL requires a series of treatments. Laser hair removal works best when hair follicles are in their mature stage; however, at any given time your hair is in various stages of growth.
It can treat thick, coarse, and stubborn. Built-in cooling makes treatment much more comfortable than other devices. Uses gold standard wavelength, pulsing, and power for optimal results and maximal safety. Safe to use on all skin types and is even effective on darker skin types. Long-lasting reduction in growth, preventing up to 95% of hair growth. Extremely fast treatment times, one leg can be treated in as little as 10 minutes.
Hair is reduced with each treatment and results are observed after four to six sessions. The number of sessions will differ depending on your hair color, hair type, body area, and skin tone.
DiolazeXL can be safely used on most areas of the body that have unwanted hair. Most commonly treated areas include: bikini, legs, arms, chest, back, shoulders, stomach, neck, chin and sideburns.